Aiforia equips pathologists and scientists in preclinical and clinical labs with powerful deep learning artificial intelligence and cloud-based technology to improve the efficiency, consistency and quality of tissue diagnostics and medical image analysis across a variety of fields from oncology to neuroscience.
Aiforia’s mission is to provide the highest quality solutions for AI-assisted image analysis to enable personalized and democratized care for patients.
Are you ready to assist medical professionals to harness the power of AI?
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a software developer who is a self-starter and enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and innovative environment. You will have a key role in bringing cutting edge technology to practical use in healthcare.
In this role, you will be an important part of our experienced and engaging development team working with modern cloud technologies to deliver a quality product to our customers. Your tasks will include application design and implementation, development, and maintenance of data pipelines in cloud environments.
Further responsibilities include:
- Developing software as part of an experienced, flexible team.
- Designing and building cloud-based applications that require high data throughput and robustness.
- Working in close collaboration with our UX design team, and applying your skills to varied applications including user interfaces, graphics, and automated reporting tools.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Writing unit test cases.
- Participating in design and planning of new features as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of cloud technologies and architectures.
- Experience in REST API design.
- Experience in agile development processes.
- Skills to improve and build new features based on business requirements and best practices in front-end architecture, including accessibility and usability.
- Experience in optimizing code performance.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in commercial companies.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science or other applicable field.
What is seen as an advantage:
- Experience in AngularJS.
- UX and visual design skills.
- Experience in Backend design.
- Experience with our tooling: Git (Bitbucket), Docker, Jira, Confluence.
- Fluency in spoken Finnish.
What we offer:
- Working at the forefront of medical AI technologies and software development
- A supportive and enthusiastic culture within a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours and location
- Opportunities for career development
How to apply:
Are you the person we are looking for? Please, send your CV!
We process the applications as we receive them, on a first-come, first-serve basis, and will invite suitable candidates for an interview.
We are committed to creating an environment of inclusivity in which all voices and individuals are heard. Aiforia strives towards this by providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.