Aiforia equips pathologists and scientists in preclinical and clinical labs with powerful deep learning artificial intelligence and cloud-based technology to improve the efficiency, consistency and quality of tissue diagnostics and medical image analysis across a variety of fields from oncology to neuroscience.
Aiforia’s mission is to provide the highest quality solutions for AI-assisted image analysis to enable personalized and democratized care for patients.
Are you ready to assist medical professionals to harness the power of AI?
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a front-end developer who is a self-starter and enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative environment. In this role, you will be an important part of our experienced development team. You will work closely with our UX designers and bring the designs to life with modern technologies. Focusing on high-end graphics and user interfaces for medical use will provide an opportunity to use your skills and learn new ones. The role also involves working with backend developers to design APIs that provide seamless interfaces throughout the system. You will have a direct impact in ensuring that Aiforia’s products provide a high-quality user experience for our customers in the healthcare industry.
Further responsibilities include:
- Developing software as part of an experienced, flexible team.
- Applying your skills to varied applications including user interfaces, graphics and automated reporting tools.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient front-end code.
- Writing unit test cases.
- Participating in design and planning of new features as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in REST API design.
- Familiarity with agile software development processes.
- Skills to improve and build new features based on business requirements and best practices in front-end architecture, including accessibility and usability.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with hands-on front-end development in commercial companies.
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science or other applicable field.
What is seen as an advantage:
- Experience in AngularJS.
- UX and visual design skills.
- Experience in Backend design.
- Familiarity with our tooling: Git (Bitbucket), Docker, Jira, Confluence.
- A knack for optimization.
- Fluency in spoken Finnish.
What we offer
- Working at the forefront of medical AI technologies and software development
- A supportive and enthusiastic culture within a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours and location
- Opportunities for career development
How to apply
Are you the person we are looking for? Send your application and CV!
We process the applications as we receive them, on a first-come, first-serve basis, and will invite suitable candidates for an interview.
We are committed to creating an environment of inclusivity in which all voices and individuals are heard. Aiforia strives towards this by providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.