Aiforia equips pathologists and scientists in preclinical and clinical labs with powerful deep learning artificial intelligence and cloud-based technology to improve the efficiency, consistency and quality of tissue diagnostics and medical image analysis across a variety of fields from oncology to neuroscience.
Aiforia’s mission is to provide the highest quality solutions for AI-assisted image analysis to enable personalized and democratized care for patients.
Are you ready to assist medical professionals to harness the power of AI?
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a full-time Project Specialist to join us to build world-class AI-based image analysis applications focusing on histopathology. An ideal candidate for the job is a pragmatic and self-driven person with a biomedical background who is able to learn and adapt fast and is committed to the highest quality of work. In this role, you will be a member of Aiforia’s Science Team and you will work with pathologists and biomedical experts in a fast-paced and highly agile R&D organization.
In this role, your key responsibility is to deliver high quality training data in the form of digital annotations and to train Aiforia's AI for various interesting applications. An illustrative video about Aiforia’s AI training process can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaDud1V-cKk. The role requires the ability to focus on details that serve the given project goals. As an entry-level role, the Project Specialist has a great opportunity to grow with the role.
The role is based primarily in Helsinki, but there is a remote office possibility in Finland.
The role responsibilities:
- Creating training data for AI training
- Supporting the development team in managing and documenting projects
- Providing support in customer support and marketing activities
- BSc or MSc in biomedical field or MD
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural team
- Experience in histology, histopathology, or anatomical pathology (including tissue stainings, microscopy, etc.)
- Knowhow in digital microscopy and imaging
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
What is considered as an advantage:
- Customer service experience
- Knowhow in building image analysis algorithms and/or pipelines
- Understanding the principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding the principles of software development
- Fluency in Finnish verbal
What we offer:
- Working at the forefront of medical AI technologies
- A supportive and enthusiastic culture within a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours and location
- Opportunities for career development
How to apply:
Are you the person we are looking for? Please, send your application and CV to Aiforia’s Careers Page by April 30th 2022 at the latest. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact me at the following times (EEST):
- April 14th, 11:00-12:00
- April 20th, 10:00-11:00
- April 25th, 16:00-17:00
Director, Application Development
We process the applications as we receive them, on a first-come, first-serve basis, and will invite suitable candidates for an interview.
We are committed to creating an environment of inclusivity in which all voices and individuals are heard. Aiforia strives towards this by providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.